- This event has passed.
A *New* Program for Graphic Design Book Launch
November 18, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree
A *New* Program for Graphic Design by David Reinfurt is a do-it-yourself textbook that synthesizes the pragmatic with the experimental and builds on mid-to late-20th-century pedagogical models to convey advanced principles of contemporary design for a general reader.
Rooted in three courses (Typography, Gestalt, and Interface) originally developed for undergraduate students at Princeton University, the book provides a broad introduction from Benjamin Franklin to Bruno Munari, Moholy-Nagy to Muriel Cooper and the Macintosh computer.
To launch the publication, eight recent Princeton graphic design alumni from the Program in Visual Arts will return to campus and each speak for 8 minutes about what they do now. This will be a fast-paced overview of several different post-graduate paths in graphic design.
Photo: Courtesy of David Reinfurt
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- November 18, 2019
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Books, Ceremonies, Visual Arts
- Event Tags:
- Lewis Center for the Arts
Want to add an event to our calendar? It’s free and easy. Click add event on our website menu or http://bit.ly/ppeventadd. Submissions are edited and approved within about 48 hours. Thanks for contributing.