DECODING THE CURRENT STATE OF AMERICAN POLITICS
State Senators Greenstein and Bateman headline forum.
Free event, Wednesday, April 26, 7-9 p.m. at Har Sinai Temple, 2421 Pennington Road, Pennington, NJ
A distinguished group will review the first 100 days of the Trump administration and what’s next for New Jersey and the nation, in a free, public forum April 26 at 7 pm at Har Sinai Temple in Pennington, NJ. Panelists include Democratic and Republican leaders of the NJ State Legislature, a prominent academic political expert, and the chief political correspondent for NJTV.
From confusing polling, unprecedented use of Twitter, leaked E-mails, questions about Russian influence, allegations of wiretapping and the rise of fake news, to immigration and “Trumpcare,” the first months of the Trump administration has raised widespread concerns. Please join us as we examine the political climate and how it affects us in New Jersey and throughout the nation.
- Ruth Mandel, Director, Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University. Under her leadership Eagleton explored governors and state leadership, immigrant political behavior, youth political leadership, science in government and ethics in government. Mandel founded the Center for American Women and Politics at Eagleton. She is the author of “In the Running: The New Woman Candidate,” the first book-length account of women political candidates.
- State Senator Linda R. Greenstein (D). Greenstein is the Senate’s Assistant Majority Leader; Chair of Law and Public Safety Committee; Co-Chair, Joint Legislative Task Force on Drinking Water Infrastructure; Vice-Chair of Environment and Energy; and Member of Budget and Appropriations. Senator Greenstein is a former Deputy Speaker of the Assembly and Assistant Assembly Majority Leader.
- State Senator Christopher “Kip” Bateman (R). Bateman is a Member of Environment and Energy; Judiciary; Law and Public Safety; and Joint Legislative Task Force on Drinking Water Infrastructure. Senator Bateman is the Former Assistant Republic Leader of the Assembly, Former Assistant Republican Whip, Former Major Whip, and assistant Majority Whip.
- Michael Aron, Chief Political Correspondent for NJTV. Known as the “Dean of the Statehouse Press Corps,” Aron hosts two public affairs programs, “On the Record with Michael Aron” and “Reporters Roundtable with Michael Aron.” He was News Director and Senior Political Correspondent at NJN Public Television and has interviewed every living New Jersey governor and a number of presidential candidates. He was ranked number one on PolitckerNJ’s 2015 Power List.
- The program will be moderated by Janice Selinger, Senior Producer of “Governors’ Perspectives with Kent Manahan” on NJTV. She is the former Acting Executive Director of NJN Public Television and Radio.