The Walk for Our World’s Green Future (WOW) is a community-wide opportunity for those concerned about climate change and passionate about defending our environment to unite in support of these concerns by walking together from D&R Greenway to downtown Princeton. WOW is intended to be a family-friendly event that embraces positive messaging and encourages proactive approaches to reducing our joint climate impact.
WOW is being held on the same date as the national People’s Climate March in Washington D.C.
Date & Time: Saturday, April 29, 2017
The walk will depart D&R Greenway promptly at 10 a.m. (please arrive at 9:30 a.m.)
Start location: D&R Greenway Land Trust which is located at One Preservation Place, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Participants can park in the D&R Greenway lot or across Rosedale Road along General Johnson Road or at Johnson Park Elementary School
End Celebration: The walk will culminate with a ceremony at Hinds Plaza in downtown Princeton. A route map is included below.
Registration: Participants are encouraged to register, but registration is not required
- All participants are encouraged to wear green
- Please bring your own water bottle; filling stations will be available at D&R Greenway and in Hinds Plaza
- Signs with positive messages are welcomed and encouraged; Sign wording suggestions is included in our FAQs
- Restrooms will only be available at the walk’s start at D&R Greenway and in the Princeton Public Library, adjacent to the Hinds Plaza ceremony site
- Participants will be responsible for carpooling or figuring out the return to their vehicle after the walk
- The Princeton Free B bus stops at Elm Circle, which is just over ½ mile from the D&R Greenway campus; The shuttle schedule and map are available on the municipality’s website
- Participants not able to participate in the full two mile walk can park in the municipal lot located at One Monument Drive and can join in the procession when it passes at the estimated time of 10:30-10:45 a.m.
- Questions? Please read the FAQ’s below. If you have additional questions, we can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone at 609.924.4646
Walk for Our World’s Green Future
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Walk for Our Green Future?
A local, free, and open to all two-mile walk in Princeton, NJ to show solidarity and support for our environment with positive actions for a Green Future! It is on the same day as the national People’s Climate March in Washington D.C.
The walk will take place on Saturday, April 29, 2017 promptly at 10:00 am, with gathering ahead starting at 9:15 am.
The approximately two mile one way walk will start at The D & R Greenway Land Trust headquarters at the Johnson Education Center, One Preservation Place, Princeton NJ 08540 which is off of Rosedale Road. The walk will take place totally on sidewalks, not in the streets, with street crossings assistance from the Princeton Police Department. The walk will end at the Hinds Community Plaza adjacent to the Princeton Public Library on Witherspoon Street in Princeton, NJ.
Do I have to register?
Free Registration is encouraged, but not required to participate in the walk. Registration is now open at:
The event is rain or shine except if there is dangerous weather in which case we will contact those who have registered to indicate the walk is cancelled.