Princeton residents will celebrate the unification of the two Princetons tomorrow on foot and on bike, in speeches and toasts, and with cake and prizes.
At 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, bicyclists will kick off the celebration with a a nine-mile ride around the perimeter of what will by then be known as the former Borough. The ride is open to the public. Participants should meet near the bike rack by the sidewalk at the municipal building at 400 Witherspoon at 9:30 a.m. for 9:45 a.m. start.
The official consolidation celebration, complete with consoli-cake and other refreshments, will begin at 11 a.m. in the main meeting room at the municipal building at 400 Witherspoon Street. The reception is open to the public and no rsvp is necessary. A raffle will be held at the party for the following prizes:
People who attend can enter free drawings for the following “Princeton’s Best” Baskets:
– A 2013 Family Membership for Community Park Pool
– $100 parking “Smart Card”
– $100 Terra Momo Gift Card
– $100 Elements Restaurant Gift Card
– A collection of gifts from Palmer Square Shops – value $100
– Princeton Tour Company Gift Certificate for a private walking tour, pub crawl or ghost tour! (A 2 hour tour for 30 people)
– McCarter Theatre 4 tickets to any performance of their next production, Edward Albee’s A DELICATE BALANCE
– Two pounds of coffee from Small World Coffee
– Black Squirrel mugs
At noon, the new mayor for the united Princeton and the new six-member council will be sworn in and the council will hold its reorganization meeting. Representatives will be appointed to the various boards for the new Princeton and professional contractors like the town lawyer will also be appointed. Council members will also draw straws to determine which council members will receive three, two and one year terms on the new governing body.
People who missed the first bike ride can participate in a second ride after the reorganization celebration is over. The nine-mile ride will start at the municipal building. There will be no ride if it is below 25 degrees tomorrow, it is raining, or there is snow or ice on the roads.