Construction workers hit a gas main on Ewing Street in Princeton just after 8 a.m., causing a gas leak that then caught a milling machine catching on fire.
Witnesses said the construction crew was working on Ewing Street between Cuyler and Harrison when the accident occurred. There was a small explosion, and some residents in the north section of Princeton reported hearing a sizable boom.
Firefighters from Princeton, Plainsboro and West Windsor were dispatched to help put out the fire and Hazmat teams from Trenton were called in, an emergency worker said. Traffic was also detoured. No injuries were reported.
More information about the incident will be posted on Planet Princeton as it becomes available.