Princeton Cub Scout Pack 43 will host its annual new membership “Round Up” open house on Tuesday, Sept. 23, from 7 p.m. to 8 p. m. at the Littlebrook Elementary School gymnasium. The event will provide a fun-filled introduction to the Cub Scouts for interested boys in the first to fifth grades (ages 7-11).
With its motto of “Do your best,” the Cub Scouts experience is designed to help kids build character, good citizenship and personal fitness through fun-filled, age-appropriate activities. Princeton Cub Scout Pack 43 members are students at Princeton area public and private schools including: Community Park, Riverside, Littlebrook, Princeton Charter School, Princeton Academy, Princeton Friends School, Princeton Montessori School, Princeton Day School, and Princeton Junior School.
As a member of Princeton Cub Scout Pack 43, boys will:
· Make new friends from other schools and be part of a team through den and pack meetings
· Learn skills like taking care of the planet, how to spend an overnight in the wilderness, what to do in an emergency, and how to use a variety of tools
· Earn awards and recognition for personal achievements in community service, academics, sports, and a wide range of other skills
· Feel a sense of accomplishment and excitement from building and racing a Pinewood Derby car
· Participate in community volunteerism programs
· Go on field trips such as overnight camping excursions
In addition to the activities for kids, the open house will offer parents an opportunity to talk to the Pack 43 leaders and other Cub Scout parents about what Cub Scouts offers boys.
More information on Princeton Cub Scout Pack 43 is available on the Pack’s web site at www.pack43.net.