About 75 people were evacuated from Jadwin Hall at Princeton University just before 7 p.m. tonight when a small fire broke out in the glassblower shop in the building, school officials said. Jadwin Hall, which is located on Washington Road, is the headquarters for the school’s physics department.
The fire started on a heating element. It was extinguished by Princeton University Public Safety officers and staff. Teams from the Princeton Fire Department and the Princeton University Office of Environmental Health and Safety inspected the building and cleared it for occupation shortly before 8 p.m.
No injuries were reported.