The 2015 Friends of the Princeton Public Library Book Sale will take place Oct. 16-18 in the library community room and a tent on Hinds Plaza.
One of the top used book sales in the region, the event features nearly 10,000 books for all ages on a wide variety of topics. Most books are priced between $1 and $3, with art books and special selections priced higher.
The event opens with a preview sale Friday, Oct. 16, from 10 a.m. to noon. A ticket for the Preview Sale is $10, but is free for Friends of the Library. Numbered tickets will be available at the door starting at 8 a.m. Customers enter the sale in numerical order. Barcode scanners will be permitted at the tables, but collecting books to scan will not be allowed.
Starting at noon, admission to the book sale is free for the remainder of the sale. Hours are noon to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, and 1 to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.
On Sunday, books will be sold at half price in the community room and in the tent on Hinds Plaza. From 3-5:30 p.m. on Sunday, a bag sale will be held in the tent. A standard grocery bag can be filled with books for $5. Bags will be supplied at the sale.
The sale includes a large number of art, history and political science
books, and good selections in literary classics, fiction, mysteries, science, math, and children’s book categories. Buyers will also find cookbooks, old and unusual books, books in a variety of world languages for both adults and children, sheet music, CDs, DVDs, and audiobooks.
Special items at this year’s sale include:
• the Peacock edition of Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”
• an illustrated limited edition of “The Apes of God” signed by Wyndham Lewis
• a 1st edition, 1st printing of “The Golden Bowl” by Henry James
• “What to Listen for In Music” signed by Aaron Copland
• the 1st UK edition of Zelda Fitzgerald’s “Save Me the Waltz”
• a rare copy of “La Razon De Mi Vida” by Eva Peron
• vintage ephemera from the early 1900s
• a 1st printing of Tom Wolfe’s “Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test”
For more information about the sale, contact Renee DePinto at
609.924.9529 ext. 1280, or firstname.lastname@example.org.