Applications are being accepted for volunteers interested in becoming part of the Mercer County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victim Response Team.
Team members work in conjunction with local police departments to provide support, information, and resources to domestic violence or sexual assault victims.
In 2015, volunteers provided referral counseling and emotional support to 579 people who were victims of domestic violence and 85 people who were victims of sexual assault.
Training for that Mercer County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victim Response Team is scheduled to begin the first week in March. Team members will receive extensive specialized training on such topics as the law, sensitivity to the needs of victims and their children, and how to provide swift, safe, appropriate responses at a very critical time for families.
Womanspace will be accepting applications from prospective volunteers who meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle
• No criminal record. Applicants must submit information for a background check and interview.
• Attend mandatory training and monthly meetings.
• Ability to communicate well with others and be sensitive to victims’ feelings
• Bilingual individuals and people who are fluent in American Sign Language are encouraged to participate.
To apply or for further information contact Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator Heidi Mueller or Alison Daks at (609) 394-0136 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by February 5th, 2016.