Princeton Police responded to reports of a smoke condition at the office park at 601 Ewing Street at noon today.
Light smoke was coming from Building C, and Officer Steve Kucinski evacuated the building. An investigation by firefighters revealed that workers were using torches to solder copper pipes on air conditioning units outside the building. The use of the torch caused insulation inside the wall of the building to ignite, which caused minor damage to the wooden studs inside the walls.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the workers on scene firefighters who arrived shortly thereafter. There were no injuries as a result of the incident, and the damage to the building appeared to be minimal.
Fire departments from Princeton, Lawrence Township, Montgomery Township and Plainsboro Township all responded to the scene. The Princeton First Aid and Rescue Squad also responded.