In Princeton, we have the opportunity to select the individual who will best lead our entire community toward a new, unified Princeton. We have the opportunity to choose a leader who will work tirelessly with the new Council and who has a vision and a plan to address the many challenges facing our community.
As an architect and a builder, a community planner and activist, a business owner and a professional, an artist and organizer, a team leader and a team player, and as someone who has lived in both the Borough and Township, I have demonstrated the skills, dedication, perseverance, and aptitude necessary for this new leadership position in Princeton.
I have a plan for New Princeton and if elected, these are ten points that I will make fundamental to my efforts as Mayor:
- Control Spending: No tax increases, as Borough has done for the past 4 years.
- Public Safety: Merge police departments while improving street patrols and safety.
- Preserve the Fire Department: Maintain an all-volunteer force.
- A Strong Downtown: Promote economic development and improve our streetscapes,
- Community Planning: Planning by the people, instead of for the people.
- Academic Institutions: Engage our academic partners early and often with candor and transparency.
- Affordable Housing: Develop housing at multiple levels of income distribution.
- Aging in Place: Promote a transportation infrastructure for senior mobility.
- Parks and Open Space: Improve open space management and create Princeton Parks Department
- Youth Services: Provide high-quality programs for our community’s youth.
I have the experience to work with both existing municipal staffs to effectively accomplish our merger. Working as the Princeton Township building inspector for three years in the early 1990s I developed strong positive relationships with Township staff. Working with Borough staff as an elected official since 2008, I constantly strive to improve the delivery of our services to our constituents and business interests.
I am qualified and committed to be your Mayor. I look forward to meeting you on the campaign trail this spring – please visit my website to find a calendar of events. www.kevinwilkes.com