Renowned chefs from across the state will donate their time and talents to the third annual Sustainable Fare for Sustainable Jersey farm-to-table fundraiser this Thursday night at Terhune Orchards.
The event includes a cocktail hour, a seven-course meal made from ingredients sourced in New Jersey and paired with wines from Terhune Orchards, and live music by the Riverside Band.
Chefs will give an overview of each course, and Gary Mount from Terhune Orchards will talk about the wine pairings. The chefs who have volunteered their time for the event:
· Chris Albrecht – Executive Chef, Princeton
· Dan Richer – Arturos, Maplewood
· Robyn Reiss – A Toute Heure, Cranford
· Scott Anderson – Elements/Mistral, Princeton
· Gary Giberson – Sustainable Fare, Island Heights
· Terry Strong – Mediterra, Princeton
· Demetrios Haronis – FIN, Atlantic City
· Gabby Carbone – The Bent Spoon, Princeton
· Christine McGrath – Washington House, Basking Ridge
Tickets are $150 per person and can be purchased online via Sustainable Jersey. The cocktail hour begins at 5 p.m. and dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.
All proceeds benefit Sustainable Jersey, a non-profit that runs a certification program to help towns become more sustainable. Sustainable Jersey emphasizes conserving energy, reducing waste, protecting the environment and improving the quality of life for residents. More than 410 towns have registered to become a part of the program and more than 130 towns are now certified.