McCaffrey’s Supermarket in Princeton evacuated because of carbon monoxide alarm Friday afternoon

Just a few hours after Princeton High School received a bogus threat via phone, McCaffrey’s on Harrison Street was evacuated due to a carbon monoxide alarm going off, police said.

Shoppers who were aware of the shelter in place order at the public schools in Princeton due to the swatting call were on edge when the grocery store was evacuated just before 3 p.m.

The grocery store re-opened in less than half an hour and there are no issues at the store.

One Response

Join in the conversation. Share your thoughts on this story.